What is a relatioship between Bruce and Dick?
Father and son.
So I came across this ‘fun fact’: the tempo of music can affect one’s heart rate. In other words, our heart rate matches the tempo of the song we’re listening to.
I wonder if Cain ever let Cass listen to any music. He probably used it only as a training tool. It was when Cass joined the batfam that she was truly able to listen to music for her own enjoyment. Tim was the one to discover this, and made a list of song recommendations for her. Bruce was the one who bought Cass her first set of headphones and a new ipod. He told her that fact I mentioned, and encouraged her to sometimes use music as an alternative to meditation, when she’s stressed.
Ok I made up that headcannon just so I have an excuse to draw Cass feeling her heart beat while listening to this song.
Full resolution here.
- The protests are being held in order to achieve universal suffrage in Hong Kong. Although democracy had been promised for 2017 in 2008, China announced this August that Hong Kong people would only be able to vote from a pool of 2-3 specially selected candidates (all of whom would definitely have pro-China sentiments)
- University students held a week-long boycott of classes to protest for true democracy in Hong Kong
- Today riot police were deployed against peaceful protesters. Equipped in full riot gear the police used pepper spray to deter the protesters, mainly students and youths but also some elderly people have reported being sprayed point blank
- It is estimated that over 50,000 people have joined the protest and this number continues to grow
- This is the largest political protest in Hong Kong since our independence from the UK in 1997
- Although the protests remain peaceful, police have now started to use tear gas and have brought out long guns loaded with rubber bullets (there hasn’t yet been a report of any bullets being shot)
- Over 80 arrests have been made including students as young as 16 for taking part in these protests
- They are cutting cell phone receptions in the protest area so that people can’t share any information
- Violence is increasing as police continue to instigate protesters
- All this comes right before the October 1st celebration of the 65th anniversary of founding of the People’s Republic of China
- There are rumours that the PLA (the Chinese army) are going to be brought into the city tonight
More facts about Hong Kong:
- We run under a one country, two systems policy with China meaning that we are part of China but have our own government and laws.
- Protests for universal suffrage have been held throughout the summer but these are the biggest yet
- Anti-China and anti-government sentiments are at their highest levels yet. Survey results showed that 1 in 5 people are thinking of emigrating from the city.
- In June, China issued a white paper essentially telling Hong Kong to remember their place and re-asserting their authority over the city
The scenes from the protest look awful. In my 17 years in Hong Kong I’ve never seen anything like it. The world needs to know about this and say something before we get a recurrence of the Tiananmen Square massacre.
I hope everyone stays safe. Hong Kong stay strong.
Even if you aren’t into DC Comics, if you like the magical, sinister vibe of the Harry Potter books, you will probably like Gotham Academy… it has a very cool Hogwarts vibe.
(Like, seriously, for an institution in what is purportedly a modern metropolis, it seems hella stuck in the past. o_o)
I’ve been thinking this for a while, from what I’ve seen floating around, and definitely the preview solidifies that impression. :)
Captain Marvel icons! (as always feel free to request any icon with a different background/pattern!)